Road Traffic Accidents
car accidents and bus accidents
accidents involving heavy goods vehicles
hit and run incidents
accidents involving uninsured drivers
Road traffic accident has become one of the most common misfortunes that happen to drivers. Its aftermath can be gruesome, if not fatal, to the injured party. Gilles J Kennedy & Co. offers aid to make sure that the injured party can get a rightful assistance during this tough time.
Road accidents are inevitable regardless if you religiously take all the precautionary measures. Even if you are at fault or not, accident is both traumatic and stressful.
Here are guidelines to keep in mind when it occurs:
- Keep your presence of mind and do not panic
- It sure is difficult to maintain a sharp mind during a difficult time, but panicking cannot solve anything at all. In fact, worse scenarios are born out of panic.
- Check if you are, or any of your passengers is injured
- In the event that you are injured, shout for help or call an ambulance. If one of your passengers is injured, call an ambulance and if possible do not move them. Even if your motive is clearly to help, moving an injured person might cause further injuries.
- If you can, check the people in the conflicted vehicle are okay
- You must remember that checking on the safety of the conflicted party does not mean admission of any liability whatsoever. Showing empathy during a tough moment can go a long way to ease tension between the involved parties.
- Contact the Gardai immediately
- Make sure to leave the vehicles as is until the Gardai arrive. If the situation calls you to go elsewhere, take photographs before moving them.
- Get the necessary details of the involved party
- It is important to exchange details such as the name, address, and contact information of drivers involved. Also, make sure to get the car’s vital information like model, registration and insurance documents.
- Take note of your whereabouts
- Make sure to get accustomed to the place where the accident took place. Note important details that might be needed for an investigation or incident report. Jot down the particulars like the visibility, road condition, and speed of vehicles.
- Contain yourself before leaving the accident site
- Once the Gardai is finished taking all the necessary details, make sure to compose yourself before leaving the area. If you are feeling unwell, seek medical attention immediately.
- Notify your loved ones and insurance agency
- Once the commotion is taken care of, do not forget call your loved ones to assure them of your safety. Also, notify your insurance agency about the accident.
Do not let panic take over you!
Here are the things you must never do in case of an accident:
- Do not admit liability.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the Gardai arrives and collects all the necessary information.
- Do not let the other party involved to leave the scene before the Gardai arrives.
- Do not release a formal Garda Statement without your insurance or solicitor’s approval.
- Do not hesitate to call the other driver if there is anything that needs settlement post accident.
Do not hesitate to contact Giles J. Kennedy & Company if you need any assistance when it comes to dealing with material damage and injury claims or any general advice. We are always ready to give you a hand!
Giles J Kennedy & Co. stand on a 30-year firm foundation and experience in handling personal injury claims. We offer help and guidance to people like you who suffer from injury or loss due to the negligence of external parties. Our objective is to ensure that the injured party achieves a befitting level of compensation—minimizing the anxious process of attaining it.
The Personal Injury Team of Giles J Kennedy & Co. are proficient in handling all stages of personal injuries claim, while providing a comprehensive service. We handle a claim from its onset all the way to conclusion and down to the necessary application to the Injuries Board. In addition, we also manage the exchange of formal court proceedings.
GILE J. KENNEDY & CO. PAGES COPYRIGHT © 2017. COPYRIGHT